Sweeties Southern & Vegan Catering™ is the passion, brainchild, and long-time dream of Founder, Stephanie Perry Terry. While gravitating most strongly to Southern favorites, Chef Steph was an early adapter of vegan cooking. Although not a vegan herself, Chef Steph has a deep respect for its practitioners and has been developing delicious vegan recipes for years both professionally to satisfy client demand as well as in cooking for her family. She also has a catalog of gluten-free recipes and is always willing to adapt recipes to meet client special requests.
- Chef Michael Terry – General Manager: Michael has worked as a professional cook and chef for over 30 years. His experience in the food industry encompasses cooking for fine restaurant dining establishments (including Beefeaters in Southern Pines), retirement communities (including Galloway Ridge and Brookdale senior living facilities in Chapel Hill). Michael has also managed school lunch programs for public school institutions, including Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools.
- Faith Perry – Dietician: Faith is a retired food professional who worked as a dietician for Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City and also retired as a school lunch manager for the NYC Public School System where she managed the school lunch program for thousands of children daily. Faith has recently enjoyed a second retirement after spending over 25 years working for Whole Foods Market in various roles that include Produce Team Leader and Cheese Buyer.
- Hope Perry – Bookkeeper: Hope is our administrative assistant that has worked for several hotel brands that include Marriot and Candlewood Suites hotels. Her roles in the hotel industry included various administrative and bookkeeping positions.
- Dorace Walker – Event Coordinator: Dorace is a professional bus driver who worked for NYC Transit. He has just relocated to the Durham Area and is bringing his logistical skills to the Sweeties team.
- Christopher Coleman – Distribution Manager: Christopher is in charge of delivering food and supplies for catering events and Meatless Mondays at the Durham Co-op Market.
©2014-Present. Stephanie Perry Terry, Sweeties Southern & Vegan Catering, L3C, Chapel Hill, NC.